Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trying to out DCH

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeeOK

Technical User
Jan 25, 2004
NZ
I am trying to out a DCH and have fist disabled it. However I get a DCH1019 error (DCHI is hardware disabled) after trying to disable it.

Stat is

DCH 15 : RST RLS

I cant remove it because its not disabled.

Also how do I remove a loop. Its done from LD 17 right??

Thanks

Mike

is the associated msdl disabled?

if the dch is the last one on the msdl you'll have to disable the msdl as well.

and yes

It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

after load 97 dis dch x then load 60 disl (the loop) then load 14 out 23 the trunks on the route, the load 16 out rdb then ld 17, chg adan out dch x... the d is assigned to the route, which means the route comes out before the d, the trunks are assigned to the route, which means the trunks need to come out before the route... goes back in the same way,

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks Guys but that doesn’t help.

Its not on a MSDL it a SPDC

I can’t dis the loop because I can’t dis the DCH. The loop has no trunks and there is not route setup. I have deleted these. All that is left is the DCH.

Do I need to enable to SPDC card if so how? What is the command to delete a loop in LD 17.

Thanks for the help guys

dis dch x auto, or dis dch x followed by dis dch x.. and you can't out the last device on the card without outing disu against the card... on a msdl the command is dis msdl x all..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I thought you had to disable the dch before outing trunks otherwise you get the problem above.

Try putting the route and a mber back into it then dis the dch?

It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

no you can out the trunks before or after, dis dch x auto or just dis dch x (twice).. you can't out then last device on the card without dis msdl x all, then you can out the d

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back