Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trying to open form via cmd btn based on value set an unbound comobox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 20, 2005
CA
Hello there,

First of all I have to say, these are the best and most educational forms I've surfed through. Glad to be a part of!

My question:
I'm trying to open a form using a cmd btn, but have it filtered based on the value that was used on an unbound combo box in the header feild.

How do I get the value from the combo box, and use it as an input to filter another form?

Any hints would be much appreciated.

AJ

Just to make this clearer.

I have an unbound combo box, when selecting a client, it filters the product info specific to that client in the sub form.
I want a command button on the site for viewing the current form (which will have hundreds of products) in category view. I have another sub form that already lists all products based on category using a drop down. Now, I would like that form to open and only list the products specific to one client (which will be selected using the principal unbound principal).

Im not sure whether I made it clearer or much worse, but, any help will be great.

Thanks

Use the unbound combo box click event to enter a new "data source" in your to be filtered combo box.

rollie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back