Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trying to make a read-only combo box and dependent text box

Status
Not open for further replies.

nexus

Programmer
Jun 16, 1999
CA
Trying to make a form where the user can select a field from a combo box (but the field is read-only) which will bring up the corresponding description in a text box (user can modify the description). I've got the combo box working, but I'm not sure how to make the field read-only or how to make a text box dependent on the combo box (without code?).

false alarm, found some example code. All good now! :)

Can you let me know how you did this. I have a similar problem. I am writing a for that has 2 combo boxes, one contains an ID for business units (SBUID), the other contains values for country locations (CountryID). I want users to be able to select, for example Marine from the SBUID combo box and then, say, UK from the CountryId combo box and have the 2 together, sperated by a dot, displayed in a text box eg

SBUID = marine
CountryID = uk

Text box = marine.uk

If you have any ideas I'd appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back