Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trying to Load LD20 causes INI000

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkirk905

Vendor
Mar 26, 2010
CA
The system is Meridian 1 Option 21E. I cannot load LD20, it just hangs and causes the following output.

>LD 20
INI000 000008 11 44 34 000000 31624C 00000E 00023E 000000
DSET000 DOWN LOAD 35 0 0 0 0 0 0 1509216

DCH: 15 RLS CONFIRM TIME: 11:44:34 24/3/2010

INI also occurs when trying to STAT Mem.

.STAT MEM
INI000 000008 12 08 18 000000 3662F6 00000E 00024A 000000
DSET000 DOWN LOAD 35 0 0 0 0 0 0 4359712
DCH: 15 RLS CONFIRM TIME: 12:08:18 24/3/2010

I cannot get into LD20 to print the TNB. Any ideas?

Option 21??? Where did you get that? (Not really!) What software are you running? Have you had any type of IOD or AUD errors? You may have a CPU/memory error. I would reboot it first, BUT, I would have some spare cards available just in case. If it's a hardware issue, it might not come back up. Just loading a program shouldn't cause it to Init. Powering that thing down might just clear everything up.

I just love seeing those old systems running. My son works at a place in Boulder that still has their ROLM humming along with the original sets. They take care of it!

DocVic
Dedicated to Nortel Products till the end.
Need help? Call Me Now!

I had one that if you tried to do a CHG in LD 17 it would do the samething, try reloading it. It fixed mine

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

You may also be ready to tell the owner that this dinosaur may not comeback to life after the power down. get as many apare parts and software plus back up diskettes as possible.
i have not seen one of this in more than 14 years.

Wow, fast response.Thanks a lot, I appreciate your help.

I also suspect the CPU/Mem card, the display is dead. I don't have remote access so I have to drive over any time to work on it.

I will have to look up how to que the software, do you know the load?

I've attached the history PRT, I see a bunch of BUG and AUD codes.

It's been over 15 years since I have worked on these systems, I'm pretty rusty. But I'm having fun.
I think the solution is to order a new cpu/mem (NTND01BA) card.

http://www.mediafire.com/?wzygwzmmgmz
I remenber the first opt21 I worked on. It was a rel 4. Does this system have a tape drive? The tape drive if not kept clean would not install the loads with out errors. The tech who was showing me the ropes always removed the tape from the drive after the service call. DocVic I seen several old Rolm 8000 VSCBX and 9751 models pump dial tone for 18 to 20 plus years. Plus still have a lot of older opt11's with Rel 23 to 25.40b still working in rough service environments.

RKDavis Wilmington,NC

I don't even want to tell you what I still work on

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

The worst service environment I heard from our serviceman was when they looked at a Option 11 in a charcoal plant. Opened the cover and had to vacuum the charcoal dust out.

It was working but the provider declined to pick up the service contract.

So, I am recommending that we replace the CPU/MEM card. I also want to replace the MPS/SDI card. Then I'll sysload the switch and hope for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back