Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trying to Install 5.5 on a Win 2000 server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 22, 2003
US
Im trying to install exchange 5.5 on a windows 2000 server. I've followed microsofts recommended steps but toward the end of the installation I get two errors that I can not seem to resolve. The first one is this one

the command lodctr dsactrs.ini has failed, returning an error code of <6>

and the second is

Processing file path\server.ins at or near line 153.
An internal component has failed.
Id No. C103798a

now for that one I found an article that says stop the snmp services which I have and I still get that error. This is not a new win 2000 install. If anyone has any hints or has run into this before I would greatly appreciate some input as Im pulling my hair out to try and solve this one. Thanks!

I don’t know if this helps but I had similar errors doing the install. When I was prompted to specify the Exchange server that I was going to join I used the IP address where I should have used the Net BIOS name. This resolved my problem, however I don’t know if this will help you.

Azzy (newbie Exchange Admin)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back