Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trying to improve quality music on hold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krustig

Technical User
Mar 8, 2011
US
Hello,

I work in a factory where the phone system (Nortel BCM-400) is connected to a Sirius radio receiver used to play music while someone call is in hold. Everything works fine but the quality of the music when somebody calls in from cell phone is not so good, even though quality of normal conversation from cell phone is ok.

I am looking for something to fix this issue but I am not sure if I need a filter, and amplifier or something else. Do you have any suggestion based on your experience.

Thank you and best regards.

Have the same problem. We use Comcast Digital Music service which we feed into AM/FM Stereo Receiver (Tape In) and use the (Aux Out) into the music jack on our BCM450. Would be curious to know if there is a fix too!!

VOJ

This happens on all cell phones when on hold, it has something to do with the way cells and towers communicate your just not going to get good sound from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back