Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trying to Hide Zeros in a report

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrabenhorst

IS-IT--Management
Apr 13, 2005
US
Hey Everyone. I'm trying to hide zeros in my report but I need to make a calculation at the footer of several sections. I've tried to input <>0 in the criteria sections of my query, but I get errors in my calculations. Is there anyway to hide these zeros and still calculate a total?

John

Have you tried a Format like "#" ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

I just tried like"#" in my query and my records no longer came up. Any other ideas as to how I can get rid of these zeros in my report other than white out?

John

If I understand correctly, you simply don't want zeros to display on the report?... By which I mean that you want the records to show, but not the zero values attached to them?

If this is the case, you can probably make that particular text box on the report handle the zeros with an 'IIF' statement. You would have the control source for the text box something like =IIF([MyField]=0,Null,[MyField])
This would blank out the zeros at runtime for the report, but shouldn't effect your totals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back