Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trying to get Users Full Name from Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mtlca401

Programmer
Mar 18, 2003
US
I can get the users computername, username, operating system and a few other things, but I am having trouble getting the full name of the user. I've tried using a code with API's in it like apiNetGetDCName, apiNetUserGetInfo, and apiGetUserName but it does not return the full name. I am beginning to think that you can only retrieve the full name based on how the network is set up.

I just want to know how to get the full name.

thanx

Oh,
Also I'm using Access 97' and Windows 2000

Make a users table. Store their username in all-lowercase (or all-uppercase, whichever you prefer), and store their fullname.

Then make a function that queries the table for a user's full name, and returns it.

Yes, this is what I've done at least once (that I remember). And it works fine.

Or you can try polling the network. See:

I had a few people here at work do that. I know how to do it too, I just wanted to pull it straight from the Network. It seems like this is not that possible for access97.

Thanx anyway though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back