Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trying to get trunk to trunk forwarding working on Legend in key mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaGooseman69

Technical User
Mar 10, 2016
US
I have been trying to get call forwarding for an inbound ringing call to forward off premise via the call forward option with the system in key mode. I have tried setting the call forward and allowed it in programming for the extension. I cannot access pools or ARS restrict in key mode. when pressing forward it says forward to: but will not accept any digits except 1. Any assistance appreciated. Thanks

it's been years since I've done it , i believed the incoming line needs to have a principal user assigned & delay forward at the extension , and in the Key system you use line number 801 or what ever trunk 808 destination number and the #

The lines must be programmed for Reliable Disconnect, the extension doing the forwarding must be the principal user of the line, allow trunk to trunk and remote call forwarding.

I will try that the problem I am having is that once I press forward, usually you pres 9 first for the outside line and then enter the forward to number. I am getting an error tone as soon as I start to dial, how do I select an outside trunk with no line pool? Thanks for all your replies.

Is your extension programmed to grab an SA line first or is it programmed to grab an outside line when the handset is lifted? I believe to get remote call forward to work properly in a key environment you need to program the auto line select to grab an SA button first. You would then forward the call to 9 + phone number.

Alternatively, if it is set-up to grab a line first you could try forwarding the call to the number without the 9. I seem to remember this won't work though.

In a key system you have no pool ,that is why you get the error 70 pool = 9 ,in a key system you use the line or trunk using 801 to 880 that you using to dial out,
Forward : trunk (using 801 to 880 Programmed for principal user ) destination number and then the #

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back