Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trying to get Select Expert Group f

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlr123

Technical User
Feb 24, 2014
US
Trying to get Select Expert Group formula for only invoices that have an amount >= 15000.00 OR >= -15000.00
(negative number)
This is the first part of my formula: {AR_InvoiceHistoryDetail.ExtensionAmt} >= 15000.00

(My group is on AR_InvoiceHistoryDetail.InvoiceNo)

Appreciate your assistance.

Thanks very much.

Try:
Code:
SUM({AR_InvoiceHistoryDetail.ExtensionAmt},{AR_InvoiceHistoryDetail.InvoiceNo}) >= 15000.00

And if you use the ABS() function you won't need to worry about testing for > than the positive or < the negative.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Pete.

Actually I just want to see any total invoice which is greater than or equal 15000.00 or if there are any negative total invoices that are >=15000.00. Your code will show all positive invoices.

Your post makes no sense, an amount greater than 15000 will also be greater than -15000.

I assumed you meant greater than 15000 or less than -15000, hence the suggestion to use ABS.

And my code was just replacing the piece of code you included in your original post.

Perhaps you could try explaining your situation in enough to detail so someone can help.

In an instance that I have an invoice total of 26000.00 and and invoice total of -26000.00 then I do not want to see that invoice. What would be the coding for that instance? I just want to see invoices that total >=15000.00 however if there is a another invoice which zero's it out, I don't want to see it.
Thank.

I think you will need to apply your filtering after loading data.
Sort your data by invoice total then compare using previous or next and suppress those items that you do not need/want.
You will also probably need to group on some other field(s) to help weed out erroneous matches.
I can think of all kinds of issues that could pop up that you will need to account for, such as:
What if there are more than 2 items with the amounts that cancel out?
What if there are 2 customers with the amounts that would cancel each other out when in reality they should not do so?

If you have an invoice fir 26,000 and a payment fir 26,000 should they not be tied together somehow? Is this what you want? To not show paid invoices? If so you are grouping on the wrong field.

Macola Software Veteran and SAP Business One Consultant on Training Wheels

Check out our Macola tools:

This is the situation. We have invoices and credit memos. The Credit memos in our system do not differentiate from invoices. so if an invoice is 26,000 and there is another "invoice"(credit memo) for -26,000 that cancels out the original, then I do not want to pull the original invoices or "invoices" which are credit memos. I am thinking that I will just have to pull everything and sort it out in excel, but that is alot of data. Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back