Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trying to find replacement monitor base.. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thesuperiorone

Technical User
Nov 5, 2003
US
Hello all, I was given a Viewsonic P95f+ professional monitor. However, the base is missing, and I would like to get ahold of one to replace it so I can swivel it or whatever as needed.

I checked Viewsonic's site, but couldn't find anything that would help.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Chris

Do you have a VESA standard 80 mm or 100mm mounts on the back? They will be a square matrix of holes either 80 or 100 mm apart. Ergotron makes a great VESA mount, go to (cheapest place) or eBay, but be careful. If you'd like, I have several spare stands, I can put one up on eBay for you.

Tony

Firt I may have wrongly assumed this is a flat-panel LCD display. Is it?

If so, you would look on the back of the monitor, where the stand attaches. If it is a VESA standard then there will be four threaded holes an equal distance apart.

Please advise.

Tony

Call Viewsonic Tech Support and tell them you need to buy one.

The fact that a part is not listed does not mean it is not available. People break these things when moving, etc.

Users Helping Users

Viewsonic does indeed have the base for this model in stock (item C-BS-0303-0228, $29.75 + shipping) if you are in the US. You will need to register just to look, but nothing too dramatic in the registration.

Another thought. Given the price tag of this item, you may be better off to look for a generic monitor tilt/swivel base at a good office supply store. Probably will have better luck at a locally owned establishment than a "big box".

Back in the day, these were fairly common. The old CRTs generaly did not come with this item. Since most monitors now come with a base, the generic bases are harder to find but are usually built better than the ones that come with the monitor. I would expect to pay $15-20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back