Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trying to duplicate "stamp" looking font

Status
Not open for further replies.

zcole

Technical User
Feb 17, 2004
US
I am trying to figure out a way to duplicate a font/effect I saw on a website. I was intrigued by it, and was wondering if anyone knew of a plug-in, or actual font that could mimic the effect. The page is located at After the short flash presentation ends, there is a statement of: Business Survival. That is the font/effect I would like to duplicate. Has anyone created anything like this before? I don't want to spend an hour on re-creating it, if there is a quick and easy way to do it. Thanks!

It sure looks like a "font"!

Have you tried hunting for free fonts to see if you get a match or something close?

Yeah I've looked, but there are so many fonts I don't even know where to begin. Hopefully someone will have an answer, if not, I guess I have to get to work!

Here's a list of the fonts embedded in the flash file

B Clarendon Bold
Clarendon
Downcome
HelveticaNeue BoldCond
HelveticaNeue LightCond
RotisSemiSans ExtraBold

I'm assuming it's 'Downcome', because i'm aware of the rest.

Moe: It could have been a real ugly situation, but luckily I managed to shoot him in the spine.

Thanks for helping! I checked out misprintedtype, but didn't know where to look for the font. Can you point me in the right are to download the freeware? Thanks!

1.click anywhere and a new window opens.
2.'how to navigate' - at the bottom click on 'type'.
3.click on the picture of the woman @ the typewriter.
4.click on the font name
5.click your preference - PC or Mac.
6.download font, install in font directory in the Windows folder of your PC.

Moe: It could have been a real ugly situation, but luckily I managed to shoot him in the spine.

Thanks a lot. Pretty cool site, but a little hard to navigate through. I got about halfway through it without your directions.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back