Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trying to do an nwrecover

Status
Not open for further replies.

uadmin

Technical User
Jun 13, 2001
GB
Hi
I am trying to do a restore but due to the browse time retension when i select the required date there are no details.
From the command line i have tried nsrjb -v -ln -f < device path> but this appears not to work.

Can anyone advise me of how i should do this.

Regards
Simon

P.S i am using legato on HP-UX Simon Peter Wickham
Email: s.wickham@zoom.co.uk

If you want to do a browsed recovery, you will have to scan in the save set with &quot;scanner&quot;

The way I usually do it:

nsrjb -ln -f ${DRIVE} -T ${VOLUME}

(another command that disables the ${DRIVE} so Legato doesn't try to use it)

scanner -i -S ${SSID} ${DRIVE}

(wait, change tapes if necessary)

(reenable the ${DRIVE})

nsrjb -u -f ${DRIVE}

Thanks . Simon Peter Wickham
Email: s.wickham@zoom.co.uk

You can do this via the GUI too. First you have to look for versions. In the GUI, you can find a menu called &quot;View&quot;.
There is the &quot;change browse time&quot; button and the versions.
Now you get a list of different backup versions and its backup time. Use this time to change your browse time and you will find the data you search.

You can do this in command line too. On the client, type on command line &quot;recover&quot;. With help you get an overview of the options.
Similar to the GUI you can yourself listen the backup versions with &quot;versions&quot;. And with &quot;changetime&quot; you can change your browsetime.
Good luck !

goeze: all true, but if the save set he wants is past its browse time, it won't show up in &quot;versions&quot; - it'll have to be scanned in to be available for a browsable recover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back