Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trying to create OWA URL that doesn't specify server name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FromTheHip

Technical User
Sep 1, 2004
US
I'm currently using a FE-BE Exch2k3 server arrangement and am trying to get OWA set up. I have it so that it requires a SSL connection, but currently you can only get there by accessing or /public.

I kind of messed up by not checking this before I got my SSL certificate, but I want to access OWA through
Ideally I would like to also redirect anyone that types in but just getting the URL without the server name would be great.

Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

could you just add " " to the host files?

Probably not a good idea if all your users have their own local systems, but if you're using term serves or citrix, peice of cake!

Snoots

Sorry, can't help ya with redirecting every http:// - never done it.

Thanks for the idea, but I might need to clarify. This isn't for internal users, but when using OWA from outside the co. I want to direct to my front end server, and I don't know if I can do that from within Exchange, or if I have to create another virtual server and do a redirect (last option). Thanks for the reply though.

If you can find where is pointing to...maybe a default.asp in or something you could redirect it by creating you own html file or asp file. Put in this java script

<HEAD>
<SCRIPT language="JavaScript">
<!--
window.location="//-->
</SCRIPT>
</HEAD>

As for having this will require a domain name and DNS. This is something you can host if you use linux and BIND or your isp such as AT&T could do for you for a charge.
Hope this helps.

I got it all figured out, thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back