Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trying to create ACD '0' and need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

TelcoMan769

IS-IT--Management
Dec 6, 2004
US
This is in relation to a thread from a couple of weeks ago regarding Call Pickup. I am trying to create an ACD '0' (per Johnpoole's instructions) and cannot seem to make it happen. The PBX keeps giving an error 'SCH0707' which translates to 'DN conflicts with an existing number'. '0' shows that it is attached to the console (in LD20). How can I remove this DN entry in LD12 (or do I dare) and then reassign '0' to an ACD? HELP!!

From the previous thread:
We are having the same issue. We have used '14' to pickup our night calls for several years. It was working until last night.

We decided to install an auto-attendant front end and then have only select people be able to ring the overhead paging bell.

The CallPilot Application is working fine. When the appropriate keys are pressed, the night bell rings. However, when we press '14' all we get is a fast busy and cannot pickup the call. The only work around we have found/been given is to install a RNP button on every phone that we want to be able to pickup a night call from. We are a call center. I really do not want to install several hundred buttons.

The only item that has been changed is the NIT_Data in LD15. Even if you call the bell directly, the '14' still does not work.

Does anyone have any ideas?? We need to get this fixed before the weekend. HELP!!!!!!!

John's directions were as follows:

johnpoole (Programmer) 22 Apr 05 19:06
change nite to a new dn, make that dn a acd dn,

ld 23
new
acd
maxp 1
ncfw 1234 (the current nite bell)

by doing that nite goes to the no member acd, it's always in nite, due to no one logged in, then you can direct pickup the dn, it is no longer a nite number, it just sounds like one
john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

In LD15 you need to change the ATDN from 0 to an unused #, then you can use 0 for your ACD in LD23

Thanks wdhb. I made the changes and the calls landed where I expected, but I am still unable to use the '14' to pickup the call. Anyone have any thoughts?

so what's dial 14? Are you trying to do a "directed call pick-up" or a "pick-up dn"? If your trying to do a "directed call pick-up" all of the extns still need to be in a pick-up group, ie rnpg must have something other than 0. The nite bell will also need to be in a pick-up group.

if 0 is now a acd dn, with ncfw a station, what are you trying to pickup.. if the ncfw is a analog station then that analog station is in the same pickup group.. there shouldn't be any block...tell me how you have it set up

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

'0' is now setup as an ACDN with a ncfw to 4000. '4000' is an SDN in CallPilot that runs an Auto Attendant application (i.e. dial by ext or name, etc). The overhead paging bell is on DN '3000'. The NIT_Data is also set to '3000'. The nite bell and all phones in the testing group are set to RNPG 2.

The CP App has a has a button programmed to allow management and our alarm company to press a key combination to ring the paging bell. This button is not published as an option.

Our challenge to this point is that when CP sends the call to '3000', the bell interprets it as coming from '4000' and the '14' will not function to pickup the call.

When I implemented your changes (ACDN '0'), everything worked except the '14' to pickup the call. Our service provider has only offered the addition of a pickup button on each phone. This is not really an option we can consider at this time. Most of our users have 2008 sets and use every button already.

Check all FTR data in the CDB. Also go to ld 57 and try and prt ffc, flexible feature codes, to see what callpickup is. Prt PARM in 22 to confirm SPRE code.

does 14 work for any number? and put pickup key on one set and check it. make sure as telcoman posted that ffc is built for the 14, i assume 4 is gpu and 1 is spree. by making sure it works for a non redirected call.. and if it works with a pick key we can find where the failure is. as usual, break the trouble into smaller parts to see whats not programed right.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Mluckie1:
I tried to prt ffc in LD 57, but got nowhere. It would not let me print a listing. Here is what I got from prt PARM:

>ld 22
PT2000

REQ prt
TYPE parm

PARM
LPIB 1850
HPIB 1850
500B 1000
SL1B 255
NCR 10000
MGCR 25
CSQI 255
CSQO 255
TUBO NO
CFWS NO
PCML MU
ALRM YES
ERRM ERR BUG AUD
DTRB 100
TMRK 128
FCDR OLD
PCDR NO
TPO NO
TSO YES
CLID YES
DUR5 NO
MLDN YES
MARP YES
FRPT NEFR
DCUS 1
MSCL 200
PMSI
MANU PMS1
PMCR 50
PORT NONE
NDIS 20
OCAC NO
MTRO MR
SBA_ADM_INS 002
SBA_USER 100
BCAP SPEECH
IDLE_SET_DISPLAY NORTEL
ICON YES

REQ

Johnpoole:

'14' has been in place and working for several years now. Any call coming in to the console after hours (placed on night ring) rings the nite bell. Any user can then press '14' to pickup the call. Since we cannot make the new system work properly yet, the old system is still in place. As we try new scenarios, we are making the changes, trying them and then returning to the old setup if the new way fails. We have put a pickup button on a set (as a scenario) and it worked. However, Management squashed the idea of placing buttons on every phone (as well as the button limitation mentioned earlier in the thread).

As for breaking the trouble into smaller pieces, we have been trying that. We are just at our wits end.

I told you the wrong place for SPRE code, sorry, I also looked up that feature in the NTP's in there it states that callpickup is SPRE+3, this is built into the software. Look in ld 21 and prt FTR. This will tell you what the spre code is. If you were using "14" for Call pickup it must have been a FFC and somehow during your upgrade the FFC table was lost. Try SPRE+3 and see if it does work. If so you will need to build the ffc in ld 57.

14 is trunk answer, once it is answered by ACD or AA it is no longer a trunk call it is a station call and you need to use Group pickup code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back