Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trying to create a new .NET web page... getting error 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ime532

IS-IT--Management
Apr 1, 2004
US
The specified webserver is not running ASP .NET version 1.1. You will be unable to run ASP .NET web applications or services.

I'm using " as the location. I have IIS installed (5.1). I also have .NET framework installed. I'm running windows XP professional. The default website is running. I've been working on this for about 2 hours and it is giving me a headache. Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated!

Try registering asp.net.
Open .Net Command Promt and type :
Code:
aspnet_regiis /i
The command will register asp.net in your IIS.

Thanks for the post! I did see this when I googled but hadn't tried it. I gave it a try, and it said:

Start installing ASP .NET (1.1.4322.0).
Finished installing ASP .NET (1.1.4322.0).

I then restarted and tried again, and got the same error. Is there any way I can check to see if my computer is setup to run an ASP .NET webserver??? Like could I load a simple ASP .NET web page and see if it runs as it should??? Thanks again!

I actually found the website where microsoft recommends doing this and it also included registering a DLL. I did both of those and then set the IP address back to unassigned (i had tried it with it set and unassigned before the fix) and it worked, so I'm assuming what you recommended fixed it. thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back