Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trying to create a button that works!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonhill

MIS
Dec 6, 2002
US
Okay first off, I'm noob central when it comes to flash. I've gotten a simple movie going in where 3 balls bounce around then slide up and I want them to turn into buttons to direct you to be able to replay the movie.

I created a button. I assigned the up down over hit. I need to set an action on it so that it will gotoandplay(1). So i set it on the button in the button edit mode. I also set a stop() action at the end of the movie so that it won't automatically replay.

Now when i test the movie it does what it's supposed to do when I hover over it. But it doesn't work when i click on it.

In the action for the button in edit button mode i have.

on (release){
gotoAndPlay(1);
}

This should work right?

My brain is melting please tell this noob what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks

Don't really know where you've put this actionscript, but you should right-click your button on stage and select actions. It's in that window you should be typing in your script, which yes, should normally work.

oldnewbie,

When I let the script run on the stage the button works. When i test it through control-test scene it doesn't. I had to put an action after the button that stopped the movie from looping. Can this cause an issue with the button? And yes I did put the actionscript on the button that was on the stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back