Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trying to connect a win95 system with a D-Link DI-604 router

Status
Not open for further replies.

boogerboots

Technical User
Apr 3, 2002
CA
Hope somebody has a answer or can point me in the right direction with my problem. I got two systems a new p4 with winXP thats working fine with my ADSL high speed service. I then bought a D-Link DI-604 4 port router ,mostly for the firewall feature but also to hook up my old P200, with MMX and win 95, for a second station. The hardware appears to be working as the LED is on the router for the older system.

I've tried to configure the network setup by using the 192.168.0.1 address setup wizard but it cant find the server. I am using a patch cable and the ethernet card is working as well. With XP being so automatic for setup for me it appears to be alot more difficult to set up the older system with win95.

Does anybody have suggestions on how to get this system to connect with the router, tks in advance.

Nevermind, I loaded the old system with win 98se and works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back