Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trying to confirm suspicious test score

Status
Not open for further replies.

abstractmechanic

Technical User
Sep 8, 2006
US
Hi everybody,

I'm currently studying for my MCSA 2003; I've passed 290, 291, and 270, and I'm currently studying for 299. A former fellow student (who failed out) recently sent an e-mail saying he had just passed his 291 with a score of 705. He had only been studying for the test for a few weeks. While he was still in the class, he'd had to study for the 290 for several months and failed his first three tries. I'm suspicious of this turnabout performance and, embarrassingly, my tender pride is wounded. So I'm wondering: is it even possible to make an odd numbered score on the 291 (or any of the MS exams for that matter)?

Thanks

Wow at least you had the balls to somewhat admit that you're a jealous super-competitve hater.
.....but on a side note, he's probably lying just to get your nostrils flared. (which obviously worked BTW)

An odd numbered score is possible, I got 831 on one of them. I forget which one though.

Paul

MCSE 2003

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
Albert Einstein

Its easier to get an MCSE than figure out how MS scores the exams :p

abstractmechanic said:
is it even possible to make an odd numbered score on the 291 (or any of the MS exams for that matter)?

I scored 919 on 70-291, not that it matters. A pass is a pass.

Wishdiak
A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA: Security 2003

Yep - had my share of odd scores, too.

If there is concern over the score, have him prove it. It's the only way you'll find out. The official MS transcript does not contain scores. Just successful tests. There are two places you can have him show you. The first is the printed paper given after the exam. That will have the score. The second is the online service he used to schedule the exam. I think Prometric ( tracks that info, including failed tests. YMMV

Pat Richard, MCSE MCSA:Messaging CNA
Microsoft Exchange MVP
Want to know how email works? Read for yourself -

Thank you all for the responses. I doubt that I will try to confirm one way or the other though. The moment of insecurity has mostly passed and I wouldn't want to insult this guy by asking. He's a nice guy and I wish him well, his performance has no bearing on mine, and if he does in fact feel the need to lie, that's his business. You see, I was a good student in school and now, many years later, I'm not doing as well at this stuff as I had imagined I would. So I'm a little sensitive. Anyway, thanks again for the replies (to most of you) and have a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back