Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trying to change inbound DID

Status
Not open for further replies.

leftyx

MIS
Dec 3, 2003
US
Hello all. I am trying to change some ext's in my 6.0 CCM.

Right now they are 6400's and I want to change to 5400's due to different locations overlapping dialplan's. Changing the ext is easy enough...but cant get the DID's to work once changed.

I have tried changing the Translation Pattern but calls to the 6400 still work but 5400 get "Calls cannot be completed as dialed". Do I need to make a change on the Cisco Router? If so where do I look?

Thanks in advance!

Just to be sure ..... Has the 5400 range of DID's been assigned to you by the local telco? You cannot use any number, it has to be assigned by the telco and sent to you over your local circuits.

Well the number coming in can be changed correct? Say they are sending me 555-555-6400. I can (at least in any other PBX) route 6400 to 5400 right?

Ahhh! OK I see what you are tring to do. I have personally never done that in the Cisco system, but I would imagine you could use Translation Pattern Configurator to do that. Others may have better ways to do what you want though .....

translation patterns is the way to do it as trvlr1 already said.

As I said in the original post...changing that in the CCM did nothing. I ended up having to go into the router and change the dial-peer and voice translation rule.

If using MGCP to CUCM, the router's dial-peer should have nothing to do with how the call is routed except in SRST mode.

I you create, just as a test, a Translation Pattern matching one of your DID with the right amount of digits sent and configure the matching new extension under the "Called Party Transform Mask", this should work.

Make sure your Translations Patterns are in a Partition that the Gateway can get to. Make sure the TP Partition is in the Gateways CSS.

pndscm: They were NOT in a TP that the Gateway could get to...is that why maybe the Router config seemed to be "taking over"?

I have made the change and will see if that makes a difference...thanks.

The digits coming in to the Gateway are what you are trying to change so the Gateway CSS MUST be able to get to where you are doing the translation (TP).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back