Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trying to add 2nd 6 port expansion on MICS w/xc 1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

schlum

Technical User
Oct 25, 2001
CA
When I install the 2nd 6 port fiber expansion card in a MICS with xc 1.0 software, the system won`t come back up. I don`t have anything in that 2nd card yet. Is xc 1.0 not compatible to expand it to 12 ports or do I need something else? Any ideas anyone? TIA
Schlum

I would look at upgraded to 4.1 or higher. Remember to get the upgrade tool. Jeter@LasVegas.com
J.Fisher CCNA

Thanks jeter

Do you know for sure if that is my problem. I don`t really want to upgrade it if I don`t have to. I swapped the new card with the existing one, so I know it`s not the card. I was going to swap the cabinet as I have a spare one already. I guess I`ll upgrade to 4.1 or higher if I find its not the cabinet. Thanks again for the quick response.

Schlum

I dont think it would be in the cabinet. let me know. Jeter@LasVegas.com
J.Fisher CCNA

I finally got my hands on an XC 1.1 installer guide and in it, I saw a small footnote stating that in order to get 2nd expansion card to work you must have 1.1 (or greater). It seems xc 1.0 was to get the companion aspect running, followed by 1.1 for the 12 port capability. I didn`t think it was the cabinet either, but I`m glad I found out before I tried it. I don`t have an upgrade kit, so I would have hated to have to reprogram this switch twice. Thanks for your help Jeter, and I`ll keep my eye on this excellent site and try to help anyone else who might have some troubles.

Schlum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back