Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trying 2 convert multiple e-mails to text or other form to share

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerryUSA

MIS
Aug 20, 2002
US
I am trying to convert multiple Outlook 2000 e-mails from one users mailbox. They will then be placed in a folder for anybody to look at.
(Example) a Person (could be somebody outside our Job) requests to see "Billy Bobs" emails dated during the month of December 2002.
I want to pull all those e-mail out and into a folder either on the network or on a web page for this person to see. We are running NT 4.0 and exchange 5.5.
I'm sure this can be done. We tried to make a guest account on our domain with a mailbox so we could just transfer those e-mails they want to look at. But the guest account was able to see alot of info that we dont want anybody seeing. so we figure the best bet is to put it on a private web page with maybe a password script.
Security is a major issue!
Any suggestions?? Http:\\"It's the 21st Century I was promised a flying car! Where is my flying car?"
[afro]

One way is to create a subfolder in the mailbox and move the messages to be shared into this folder then give those people the necessary rights to see the folder. It is a fairly easy procedure so give it a try. Follow these steps and that should work:

1. Create subfolder in 'Inbox'
2. Go to Tools>Options>Delegates Tab and add the people
3. Go to 'Permissions' and give each user reviewer rights for the Inbox ONLY.
4. Now go to the Folder list> r-click Outlook Today and select 'Properties'. In the 'Permissions' tab, add the people there also and assign them reviewer rights.
5. Now r-click on 'Inbox' and go to 'Properties'. In the 'Permissions' tab, add the people there also. Except, here you will set the rights to 'none'
6. Now go to the sub-folder you want to share and go thru the same steps as #5, with whatever rights you want them to have. Reviewer only allows them the ability to look at the messages.

This will work for the in house requests. We are doing that now. Thank-you. But someone not working with us is our challange.
We are a city hall so everything is Public Record. So Mr/Mrs John Q Public can request this info. That is where we are having the problem. We dont want them coming into our server to see this info. So the alternative was to make it a text file and put it on a web page for them to download. Http:\\"It's the 21st Century I was promised a flying car! Where is my flying car?"
[afro]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back