Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trusted Sites - How to disable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 9, 2004
US
Everytime I click on a link from google in IE it asks me if it is trusted or not. How do I disable this stupid feature.

Thanks guys,

The current webpage you are trying to open is in your trusted listed. Do you want to allow this?"

current: google.com
trusted: hp.com

Experiment with the Security Settings in IE/ Tools/ Internet Options/ Advanced.

Especially the one with "allow invalid signatures".

This is just a guess, as a result of trying to decipher some Chinese or Japanese web page on Google.

Check your "Content Advisor" in Internet Explorer.

Sounds like it got turned on.

>-- --<

[worm] Bill [:<}

Sorry about the false clue on IE Security Settings but my Japanese and Chinese language knowledge is non existent.

You could place Google in your Trusted Sites or you could remove HP and any other sites from your Trusted Sites to prevent this warning.

In SP2 (not sure about non SP2) you can Enable this policy to prevent the warning.

Group Policy/ Local Computer Policy/ User Configuration/ Administrative Templates/ Windows Components/ Internet Explorer/ Internet Control Panel/ Security Page/ Trusted Sites Zone.

"Web Sites in less privileged Web Content Zone can navigate into this zone".

This policy setting allows you to manage whether Web sites from less privileged zones, such as Internet sites, can navigate into this zone.

If you enable this policy setting, Web sites from less privileged zones can open new windows in, or navigate into, this zone. The security zone will run without the added layer of security that is provided by the Protection from Zone Elevation security feature. If you select Prompt in the drop-down box, a warning is issued to the user that potentially risky navigation is about to occur.

If you disable this policy setting, the possibly harmful navigations are prevented. The Internet Explorer security feature will be on in this zone as set by Protection from Zone Elevation feature control.

If you do not configure this policy setting, a warning is issued to the user that potentially risky behavior is about to occur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back