Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trusted Link Windows on NT 4.0 WKST

Status
Not open for further replies.

mot98

MIS
Jan 25, 2002
CA
Hi All,

We recently upgraded out Trusted Link Windows machine O.S from win95 to NT 4.0 Workstation.

Once this was done, we have started experiencing several problems though. Trusted Link seems to crash out on Dr. Watson errors every few days, and we are also getting file locks on the Flat Files that are being moved.

I am wondering if anyone out there has seen these issue's or something like them?

I am thinking about upgrading to XP Pro as it seems to be a lot more stable. Has anyone got any issues running Trusted Link on XP?

Thanks for any input....

mot98
[cheers]
"I'd rather be dead and cool..then alive and uncool."
---Harley Davidson & The Marlboro Man

We have been running TLW version 6.2.1 on XP Pro with no problems. I have been told that version 6.2 is faily buggy. What version are you running? I also beleive that you need SP6a on your NT box for the product to run reliably.

Ok let see if I understand this,
can you put TLW on a server and have work stations send and receive your data?
If so by doing this all of your accume files are centrialy located on one system. is this correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back