Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trusted Link FTP with GXS

Status
Not open for further replies.

olymel

Programmer
Jul 3, 2003
CA
We have just updated our version of Trusted Link/400 towards the version 5.04.01.
This version offers the possibility of using FTP. Our VAN is GXS and this last one also offers the possibility of using FTP. On the other hand neither of them offers the necessary script for the transmissions by FTP.
Is there anybody who had the same problem?
How you resolved this annoying situation?

I think the Vannila ftp script on TLE is called unixftp or something similar. It is not specific to a VAN or a Machine. The TLE documentation will also direct you. ( I don't have one handy now).

I will send you the specific reference if I could get to.

I've been using the FTP module in conjunction with AS2 for Wal-Mart. I copied the SF network module they provide and changed the two scripts I needed for FTP to/from the IFS on the 400. Works nicely. The 5.4.1 doc has some good info on the commands you can use and you can also get good FTP info/commands from the IBM 400 web site, ibm.com and search for AS400 or FTP.

Bob

I have also used the SF (Scripted FTP Network) as a base to create installed networks which initiate FTP sending and receiving of files. It is very easy to use and works pretty much out of the box. Your main issue will be in getting past your own in-house security systems. In our case that is Pentasafe on the AS/400 and then there is the network folks who must cooperate as well. In modifying the FTP scripts I have included "SENDPASV 1" which the network manager insisted on. That way the session is "passive" and does not open the network up to the outside world. We also use GEIS who is reluctant to open up to FTP in a big way. With the scripted FTP'ing look to have your customer be the one to host the FTP server. No VAN charges for vendor or customer...yippee! The FTP when initiated completes in just a few seconds...amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back