Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trusted connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunatiic

IS-IT--Management
Sep 4, 2002
SE
I have some problems with users running Windows 2000 Pro SP4 with MDAC 2.8.

When they are connected to our network (psyically) our trusted connection towards our SQL-server works great (sql server 2000 sp3, windows 2000 server sp4, mdac 2.8).

But when they use our vpn-clients (Raptor Mobile connecting to Raptor Firewall 6.5 running on Windows NT 4.0 SP6a) (from home, running ADSL or other broadband technolgies) they are not able to login with trusted connection. They are able to connect to the machine (using net use) and they can ping it with no problems.

I have some users running the same applications on the same operating system but they have no problem.

Users running Windows XP SP1 don't seem to have any problem at all.

What can I do? Do I have to change the login to SQL instead, or is their any other way?

Thanks in advance.

I finally found the problem. It was all related to MTU (like all other broadband connectivity problems)

I sat the MTU to 1400 on both the sql-server and the client and after that it works like a charm!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back