Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trust relationships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russmis

MIS
Oct 22, 2002
US
How do I create or unable trust relationship, so when a user that travels with a laptop can have domain drop down list? When he is in diffirent location he can just chose a domain before he logs in.

Please help

Thank you rvnguy, but this is not what I am looking for.

What I am looking for is when you are at the logon screen you have a choice to select how you want to login to the PC. It goes like this User Name: Password: Domain:, and I am looking for a domain section, where you have a drop down box to select domain or a local pc login, I need to add multiple domains in that drop down box.

Russmis,

I realize what you intend, and I was attempting to provide a simple workaround in the form of:

Logon:

(User Names)

Russmis Site A(Domain A)
Russmis Site B (Domain B)

and so forth where the profile establishes the domain, mapped drives etc.

What you want, A Domain dropdown, is a client side function and I have not seen this but it might exist.

rvnguy
"I know everything..I just can't remember it all

Can the domains talk to each other? If they can you use active directory domains and trusts. If you create a 2 way trust between the domains then you will get the domain drop down box.

Ok, user already has a list of domains in his drop down box, (Win XP pro). So it was done for him, and there is a way to do this, but I am not sure how. Now he is in our doamin, all of the domains are different companies that he travels to and they have no relation between each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back