Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

trust relationship

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccnet101

IS-IT--Management
Nov 29, 2001
HK
hi, i am having problems with trust relationship with a new windows 2000 domain and a old nt 4.0, is there any recomandations on how to do this, or a white paper, i can see either domain in the server manager or the active directory, i have setup wins and dns correctly..and reccomandations...thanks in advance

Hmm Domain A is W2K and Domain B is NT 4.0? Really no probs here, you can set up trusts just like the old days :) DOH just got pulled for some work, if you dont know how to set up trusts hollar back and ill get with ya.
The Geek

Dont be afraid to share what you know. There are no losers in our arena, only self rightous monkeys atop their own tree.

Sounds like you should be OK, if you want to get your hands on a nice Document. Go to and search for the "cookbook" the file is actually cookbook.exe its a complete guide on performing NT4 to 2k Migrations. There is a lot of helpful stuff. It will have info on trust relations also. like the post above, you should not have any problems with trusts. Maybe you are missing something simple?

Everything is fine, except when i add the domain in nt 4.0, it cannot find the domain controller, i have tried everything such as wins lmhosts, everything, please help, this issue is not being resolved, any suggestions, i can find the domain in network neighborhood and can pick the host name..thanks

also is this suppose to be done with mixed mode or native mode..thanks

This MUST be done in mixed mode. If your 2000 domain is in native mode, it will no longer communicate with NT 4 PDC/BDC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back