Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trunk to trunk transfer 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jim376

Programmer
Jan 20, 2006
US
I have a Merlin Magix 4.0 in Key mode. When the customer transfers a call to an outside number the call completes. But the trunks stay connected they do not drop off when the caller disconnects. I have turned on Trunk to Trunk for each station and I have the loop start disconnect set to yes. the customer transfers a lot of calls outside and his trunks are getting tied up untill he goes in on the trunk and then hangs up. By the way all calls come into an auto attendant. the Merlin Messaging unit is a 6 port rel 1.5. Any ideas?

Ask the Telco to set up real "reliable" disconnect for each trunk. Just designating loop start lines as "reliable disconnect" doesn't mean much by itself. If the only way they (the Telco)have of doing it is through ground start lines - you will lose Caller ID info.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

Can Ground start trunks work in Key mode?

Ground start trunks can work in any mode - just like loop start.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back