Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trunk to Trunk Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nancy24

Technical User
Feb 18, 2004
US
I am trying to enable Trunk to Trunk Transfer in the following situation: We have a point to point tie line between a M1 and an NEAX. If the user at the M1 RECEIVES a call, they have no problem transfering it over the tie line to the NEC. If the user INITIATES a call, they cannot transfer. I have checked TGAR, TARG, NCOS etc. Still no success. Any suggestions?

are both ends marked as local, and do you have a pni number assigned to your routes and in the cdb?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Where do I mark the route as local? The PNI number is assigned as 0 on the local route, but it is not a prompt on the tie line route. The PNI in the CDB is 0 also.

i always thought that 0 (the default) needed to be changed, not sure but mine are always 0, i want to to say that then int ext prompts is on the routes, i'll check, if you don't see it when i get back to the switch room

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

All of mine (PNI's) are set to 1, and we do not allow these types of transfers. Most of this has to do with making sure the calls are handled correctly within my organization. I seem to remember in the customer options (NET), there are several prompts that deal with these type of transfers. Look at DITI, TRNX, EXTT, FTOP.

See if any of these can be changed to help accomidate what you want to do. Make sure you test after each change, and make sure you print them out first, in case you need to go back.

Hope this helps,

Soctt M.

Scott, the EXTT prompt was the one. THanks. Now, can you tell me what sort of can of worms has been opened because of this? If this is bad for security, I want to let people know what they are in for.

Nancy

For us, it is more of controling who can make a call. For example, you have one site (SiteA) that is not allowed to call a certain number, say a 1-900 number. You have a second site (Site B) that can make that call and the two are connected via a T1. If a person at Site B calls a 1-900 number, then transfers the call to Site A, you in effect have bypassed the calling security for Site A.

Keep in mind this would require some coordination, as well as a strong desire to do something against policy, but most rules and policies were put in place because SOMEONE decided to do something that others found to be wrong.

Not a big deal, but as I said, someone decided to do this at some point in time, and now we don't allow it any more.

Scott M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back