Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trunk to Trunk Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 6, 2004
Hi All,

I am working on two Option 11C's and I have ITG connecting the two sites. The problem I have is that when a call comes in from the outside over my COT trunk, I can answer the call and transfer that same call over the ITG route to an extension on the other Option 11, but if I originate the call and place a call going out over the same COT route, I cannot transfer that call over the ITG to the other Option 11. The problem exsists only when the call originates from inside. calls coming in are fine.

Please assist if you can.

Thanks!!

Am I uderstandimg this correctly ? you want to place a call out your COT (site A) and then trn the call to someone else over ITG ( site B)?

That is correct. From site A I want to place a call over the COT and then be able to transfer to site B over the ITG link.

Note your COT lines need to be supervised trunks. Prt tn of 1 COT to see if SUPV is yes or no. Trnsfering call across the network will need to be supervised. Also check in OPTs in ld 21 under NET,if RTD/RTA set to RTA.

looking into this one! could you post your RDB for the COT and ITG? What condition do you get when this is tried a fast busy ?

This is what happens when I try to transfer. I am able to hit the transfer key, and dial the extension I want to transfer to. The phone will ring the person answers I tell them I have a call for them but then I cant connect the call. Hitting the transfer key again does nothing. Thats as far as I can go.

how is your dial plan set up? distant steering codes? or? that may be the problem, are you dialing acod or ac2 etc or the 4 digit ext.. either way look at that and maybe someone here can help. i have used itg's between two sites without that being a problem. what rls are the two switches on? and or they patched

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

How long do you wait for xfer to latch? It sounds like a 'b'end answer problem, the 'b'end does not acc or has not yet acc'ed the 'a'end that the call has been answered.

Here are the RDB's for the two routes. Route 102 is the COT and Route 80 is the ITG.

REQ:
TRK166 11 10
prt

TYPE: rdb

CUST 0

ROUT 102

TYPE RDB
CUST 00
DMOD
ROUT 102
DES CWJ DIDDOD
TKTP TIE
NPID_TBL_NUM 0
ESN NO
RPA NO
CNVT NO
SAT NO
IDEF NET
RCLS EXT
DTRK YES

BRIP NO
DGTP DTI
ISDN NO
DSEL VCE
PTYP DTT
AUTO YES
ACMP NO
DNIS NO
IANI NO
ICOG IAO

SRCH RRB
TRMB YES
STEP
ACOD 7001
TARG
CLEN 1
BILN NO
OABS
INST
ANTK
SIGO STD

STYP SDAT
MFC NO
TIMR ICF 512
OGF 512
EOD 2432
DSI 1408
NRD 10112
DDL 70
ODT 2304
RGV 640
GTO 896
GTI 896
SFB 3
IENB 5
TFD 0
VSS 0
VGD 6
SST 5 0
DTD NO
SCDT NO
2 DT NO
NEDC ETH
FEDC ETH
CPDC NO
DLTN NO
HOLD 02 02 40
SEIZ 02 02
SVFL 02 02

PAGE 002

DRNG YES
NDRI 00
CDR YES
INC NO
LAST NO
QREC NO
OAL YES
AIA NO
OAN YES
OPD NO
NDP EXC 0
CDRX NO
NATL YES
SSL
CFWR NO
IDOP NO
VRAT NO
MUS YES
MRT 40
PANS YES
MANO NO
EQAR NO
FRL 0 0
FRL 1 1
FRL 2 2
FRL 3 3
FRL 4 4
FRL 5 5
FRL 6 6
FRL 7 0
OHQ NO
OHQT 00
CBQ NO
AUTH NO
TTBL 0
ATAN NO
OHTD NO
PLEV 2
OPR NO
ALRM NO
ART 0
TIDY 7001 102
SGRP 0
CCBA NO
AACR NO

REQ PRT
TYPE: rdb

CUST 0

ROUT 80

TYPE RDB
CUST 00
DMOD
ROUT 80
DES ITG
TKTP TIE
NPID_TBL_NUM 0
ESN NO
RPA NO

CNVT NO
SAT NO
IDEF NET
RCLS EXT
DTRK NO
ISDN YES
MODE ISLD
DCH 5
IFC SL1
PNI 00000
NCNA YES

NCRD NO
FALT NO
CTYP CDP
INAC NO
ISAR NO
DAPC NO
PTYP ATT
AUTO NO
DNIS NO
DCDR NO
ICOG IAO
SRCH LIN
TRMB YES
STEP
ACOD 7780
TCPP NO
TARG
CLEN 1
BILN NO
OABS
INST
IDC NO
DCNO 0 *
NDNO 0
DEXT NO
ANTK
SIGO STD
STYP SDAT
MFC NO
ICIS YES
OGIS YES
PTUT 0
TIMR ICF 512
OGF 512
EOD 13952
DSI 34944
NRD 10112
DDL 70
ODT 4096
RGV 640
GTO 896
GTI 896
SFB 3

PAGE 002

NBS 2048
NBL 4096
IENB 5
TFD 0
VSS 0
VGD 6
EESD 1024
SST 5 0
DTD NO
SCDT NO
2 DT NO
NEDC ORG
FEDC ORG
CPDC NO
DLTN YES
HOLD 02 02 40
SEIZ 02 02
SVFL 02 02
DRNG NO
CDR NO
NATL YES
SSL
CFWR NO
IDOP NO
VRAT NO
MUS YES
MRT 40
PANS YES
RACD NO
MANO NO
FRL 0 0
FRL 1 0
FRL 2 0
FRL 3 0
FRL 4 0
FRL 5 0
FRL 6 0
FRL 7 0
OHQ NO
OHQT 00
CBQ NO
AUTH NO
TTBL 0
ATAN NO
OHTD NO
PLEV 2
OPR NO
ALRM NO
ART 0
PECL NO
DCTI 0
TIDY 7780 80
ATRR NO
TRRL NO
SGRP 0
CCBA NO
AACR NO

REQ:
TRK166 11 1

TYPE: RDB

CUST 0

ROUT 80

TYPE RDB
CUST 00
DMOD
ROUT 80
DES ITG
TKTP TIE
NPID_TBL_NUM 0
ESN NO
RPA NO
CNVT NO
SAT NO
IDEF NET
RCLS EXT
DTRK NO
ISDN YES
MODE ISLD
DCH 5
IFC SL1
PNI 00000
NCNA YES
NCRD NO
FALT NO
CTYP CDP
INAC NO
ISAR NO
DAPC NO
PTYP ATT
AUTO NO
DNIS NO
DCDR NO
ICOG IAO
SRCH LIN
TRMB YES
STEP
ACOD 7780
TCPP NO
TARG
CLEN 1
BILN NO
OABS
INST
IDC NO
DCNO 0 *
NDNO 0
DEXT NO
ANTK
SIGO STD
STYP SDAT
MFC NO
ICIS YES
OGIS YES
PTUT 0
TIMR ICF 512
OGF 512
EOD 13952
DSI 34944
NRD 10112
DDL 70
ODT 4096
RGV 640
GTO 896
GTI 896
SFB 3

PAGE 002

NBS 2048
NBL 4096
IENB 5
TFD 0
VSS 0
VGD 6
EESD 1024
SST 5 0
DTD NO
SCDT NO
2 DT NO
NEDC ORG
FEDC ORG
CPDC NO
DLTN YES
HOLD 02 02 40
SEIZ 02 02
SVFL 02 02
DRNG NO
CDR NO
NATL YES
SSL
CFWR NO
IDOP NO
VRAT NO
MUS YES
MRT 40
PANS YES
RACD NO
MANO NO
FRL 0 0
FRL 1 0
FRL 2 0
FRL 3 0
FRL 4 0
FRL 5 0
FRL 6 0
FRL 7 0
OHQ NO
OHQT 00
CBQ NO
AUTH NO
TTBL 0
ATAN NO
OHTD NO
PLEV 2
OPR NO
ALRM NO
ART 0
PECL NO
DCTI 0
TIDY 7780 80
ATRR NO
TRRL NO
SGRP 0
CCBA NO
AACR NO

Thanks.

the itg route does not have a vsel prompt, try changing dsel on the 1st route to vod, another problem is the trmb set to yes, should work, but can cause problems.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I made that change and no difference. John Poole I tried everything you said and nothing changed. The problem only exists when the call originates from inside. This one is baffling.

i don't see a block, both of the thing i thought might be a problem, were things i would have tried, moitor the d, enl msgi x and enl msgo x on the d's. see if that tell you anything. try changing the ncos on one of the inbound trunks to your higest in use number. that is a long shot, but other then that, your looking at a patch. i don't see a block, anywhere.. one simular problem i had was a tie between two sl1's, one an option 11, the inbound route was vce, everything worked perfect except calls from one npa, as soon as i matched vsel, either vod and vod or vce and vce, calls worked.. another tech called nortel, since i didn't have time to wait (and wait) he talked to nortel, and it was the FIRST thing they changed... i hate a problem i can't find, most of the time, it turnes out to be a patch.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

printed out your problem and studied it for a few minutes. inbound call over the cot, i can transfer, i make an outside call i can't transfer it over the itg... that's a block in the cdb, i ran into it at a prison, stopped users from making a ld call and doing a transfer to an outside party, or even a phone inside... blocks just that transfer, is your itg marked int or ext? check that and read the prompts in ld 15... that's your block.. when i get back the the house (tomorrow) i'll look at the merls, if you haven't found it....btw the braves just won 16 to zip...life is good in atlanta

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

please post your net_data for check parameters related with conference and transfer (DITI, TRNX and EXTT)

Regards

Javier

Here is my Net_Data:

NET_DATA
OPT RTD
AC2

PAGE 005

FNP YES
ISDN YES
PNI 1
PINX_DN
MBG 0
BSGC 65535
PFX1
PFX2
HLOC
LSC
RCNT 5
PSTN NO
TNDM 15
PCMC 15
SATD 1
OCLI NO
TIDM NO
DASC
ROPT NRO
DITI NO
TRNX YES
EXTT YES
FTOP FRES
APAD 0 0
VNR NO
NIT 8
NAS ATCL YES
NAS ACTV NO
FOPT 14
CNDN
CNAT
PCAT
CNIP YES
DMWM NO
MWNS NO

Please advise. I checked the prompts you suggested but they look fine. what about FTOP?

I have been trying to locate the prompt thats causing the block inmy CDB but no luck. Can anyone assist me?

here's a hand

Code:
REQ: prt
TYPE: rdr
TYPE RDR_DATA
CUST 0

TYPE RDR_DATA
CUST 00
OPT [b]CFF[/b] CFRA PVCD CWRD
FNAD FDN
FNAT FDN
FNAL FDN
CFTA YES
CCFWDN
CFN0 3
CFN1 4
CFN2 6
DFN0 4
DFN1 4
DFN2 6
DNDH NO
MDID NO
NDID NO
MWFB NO
TRCL 0
CRT0 00 00 00 00
CRT1 00 00 00 00
CRT2 00 00 00 00
CRT3 00 00 00 00
DAY0
DAY1
DAY2
DAY3
HOLIDAY0
HOLIDAY1
HOLIDAY2
HOL

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks for the quick response John Poole, I made the changes in the RDR Data block and under OPT changed CFF to CFO but it made no difference. Any other suggestions?

CFF and CFO are for call forward external not transfer. If it was CFF you should change it back from CFO.

CFF = Call forward using the forward NCOS of the phone that is forwarded.

CFO = call forward using the NCOS of the Originater of the call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back