Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trunk to Trunk Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

alias26

IS-IT--Management
Apr 14, 2005
US
How do I go about allowing Side A dial (opt 81) local, long distance and international through a point to point to Side B (OPT11). What changes do I need to make to our routing tables to accomplish this.

Thank you in advance.

Thanks Rix,

How would I accomplished that. WHat changes will I need to make on the Option 11 side?

on the opt 11 side doyou have a pri back to the 81c? if so go to ld 87 and build a dgt that inserts a 9, then build a rlb that uses that dgt and the tie trunk.. then in go point a single npa to that rlb..

in the 11 i dial 91864plus, ld 90 sends that to rlb 10 using dgt 10.. my 9 is ac1 so the 11 strips that sends the call t0 86/rlb10 rlb 10 puts the 9 back, sends the call to the pri going to the 81, the 81 see 91864plus, if that entry is in ld 90 (npa 1864) and the inbound trunk has an ncos high enough to make an ld call, i go out on the ld trunks of the 81

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

If I change the tgar of the trunk I want the calls to route out of to the PSTN will I have to change all the NPA rli ? If I change my NXX and NPA to an RLI 0, Im able to route the call...

can't follow that question, monday i guess.. tgar is a natural block to targ AND it has no effect after ac1.. if i use 9 as an acod the tgar/targ would block.. i use tgar/targ to keep guest from hitting the overhead page.. on that you dial xxxx the acod..

if you want to use the trunks in switch a from switch b, just point the call to the tie, insert a 9...

with ac1=to 9. 9 takes you to 90, AND deletes the 9, if i rli that call to a tie, put the 9 back in place, the my 81 (switch a) see a trunk request dialtone and dial 9 plus a number, if that trunk has an ncos high enough, the call goes out the same route as an analog station with that ncos

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks for you input John,

Here is how my RLI entry looks like on Switch B (were I want the call to go out from to the PSTN. If I change the FRL to 0 the Switch A is able to call to the PSTN using switch Bs LD and Local PRIs. My question is if I make this change what am I affecting? How is my FRL 3 different from FRL 0?

RLI 3
ENTR 0
LTER NO
ROUT 25 (Local LD Provider)
TOD 0 ON 1 ON 2 ON 3 ON
4 ON 5 ON 6 ON 7 ON
CNV NO
EXP NO
FRL 3
DMI 0
FCI 0
FSNI 0
SBOC NRR
IDBB DBA
IOHQ NO
OHQ NO
CBQ NO

ENTR 1
LTER NO
ROUT 9 (Local Service Provider)
TOD 0 ON 1 ON 2 ON 3 ON
4 ON 5 ON 6 ON 7 ON
CNV NO
EXP NO
FRL 3
DMI 0
FCI 0
FSNI 0
SBOC NRR
IDBB DBD
IOHQ NO
OHQ NO
CBQ NO

ENTR 2
LTER NO
ROUT 8 (point to point trunk to switch A)
TOD 0 ON 1 ON 2 ON 3 ON
4 ON 5 ON 6 ON 7 ON
CNV NO
EXP NO
FRL 3
DMI 0
FCI 0
FSNI 0
SBOC NRR
IDBB DBD
IOHQ NO
OHQ NO