Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trunk Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

winter71

IS-IT--Management
Feb 20, 2007
US
Ok.. I've been standing up, sitting down and standing up and sitting down again while scratching my head but still no closer to a solution.

What are the requirements to be able to make trunk test calls from a specific station? As in what do I need to have enable to be able to do that.

And also, what are the requirements to be able to use the TAC to access the trunk group directly?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

If you are talking about copper trunks (not PRI) you can use the TAC and the trunk number like this. TAC 12 or what ever (see disp trunk group ?? for the TAC) and the member. You would dial it like 12-001 on the phone. That should get you trunk 1 of group 12.

Hope this explains it.

Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something.
Thomas A. Edison

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

Oh.. Didn't know the type of trunk would make a difference. We are talking about ISDN trunks here. So how would I do that?

To the best of my knowledge, you can't on PRI.

Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something.
Thomas A. Edison

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

For PRI's, you would have to set up a route to that particular trunk group and do a trace to see what channel you end up on.

Oh.. hmm.. ok.. that makes sense. Thanks!

If I want one specific trunk I am assuming that I could create a trunk group consisting of that particular trunk and then route a call to that trunk group. Is that correct?

I'm not sure, if I understand correct, but if you want to test specific trunk from a specific station you have to:
1. set field "Dial Access" to "y" in trunk-group details (change trunk-group xx)
2. check the TAC number assigned to this trunk (yyyy)
3. set appropriate COS to the station you want to use for test

Then you can make a test call trough that trunk dialing TAC + phone number

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back