Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trunk Setup in HiPath 4000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mechjet

MIS
Mar 4, 2010
US
Hello All,
The powers to be at my work place have tasked me to setup a new trunk on our HiPath 4000 system. I have a DIU2U card with an open port and would like to configure it for a circuit (with 23 channels). Would I REGEN an existing Digital Trunk and change PEN assignment and what would be the AMO command for that? Next, I would like to add the new trunk to an existing Trunk Group. I assume there is an AMO command for this action also. Any help would be great. Thank you.

I assume that you are in the USA since your "circuit" has 23 channels. Is this a PRI to the telephone company? Or is it CorNet to another 4K site?
Please provide all of the info available to you. It would be nice if you could display the existing trunk group (Dis-BUEND:<trk grp #>;) and the existing circuit info (Dis-TDCSU:<1-shelf-slot-channel>;)

Trunking is unique from country to country!

Also, since you did not provide the 4K's version info, perform Dis-BGDAT; Does the DIU2U board appear in the list of supported hardware? You'll need the part number from the DIU2U's onboard label.

Hi Iamnothere,
The 4K version is RMX V4 R4.1.76 / UW7 V4 R4.0.25. We are in the US and the PRI is to the telephone company. Below is the information you requested. The TG is open, no assigned channels and the circuit information is the one I want to copy. Thank you.

DIS-BUEND:2;
H500: AMO BUEND STARTED

+------------------------------- FORMAT = L -----------------------------------+
| TGRP NUMBER : 2 TGRP NAME : ATT LD MAXIMUM NO. : 24 |
| CHARCON : NEUTRAL |
| SUBGROUP NO.: 2 DEVICE TYPE : - TRACENO : 0 |
| SEARCH MODE : CIRCULAR ACD THRESHOLD : * |
| NUMBER OF ASSOCIATED ROUTES : 0 PRIORITY : 2 |
| TDDRFLAG : OFF TDDRTHRESHOLD: |
| GDTRRULE : 0 ACDPMGRP : 0 |
+------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
DIS-TDCSU:1-23-1-0;
H500: AMO TDCSU STARTED
+------------------------ DIGITAL TRUNK (FORMAT=L) -------------------------+
| DEV = S1COD PEN = 1-23-001-0 TGRP = 231 |
|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| PROTVAR = NI2 INS = Y SRCHMODE = DSC |
| COTNO = 231 COPNO = 231 DPLN = 0 |
| ITR = 0 COS = 30 LCOSV = 5 |
| LCOSD = 5 CCT = MACON PRI DESTNO = 231 |
| SEGMENT = 1 DEDSCC = DEDSVC = NONE |
| FACILITY = DITIDX = SRTIDX = 1 |
| TRTBL = GDTR SIDANI = Y ATNTYP = ISDN |
| CBMATTR = NONE NWMUXTIM = 10 TCHARG = N |
| SUPPRESS = 0 DGTPR = CHIMAP = N |
| ISDNIP = ISDNNP = |
| PNPL2P = PNPL1P = PNPAC = |
| TRACOUNT = 31 SATCOUNT = MANY NNO = 231 |
| ALARMNO = 2 FIDX = 1 CARRIER = 1 |
| ZONE = EMPTY COTX = 231 FWDX = 5 |
| DOMTYPE = DOMAINNO = TPROFNO = |
| INIGHT = CCHDL = |
| UUSCCX = 16 UUSCCY = 8 FNIDX = 1 |
| CLASSMRK = EC & G711 SRCGRP = 23 |
| TCCID = DHEC251518.100 SECLEVEL = TRADITIO |
|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| BCNEG = N BCGR = 1 IGN = 23 |
| IID = 1 LWPAR = 23 |
| LWPP = LWLT = LWPS = |
| LWR1 = LWR2 = |
| SVCDOM = VNNO = |
| BCHAN = 1 && 23 |
| |
+---------------------------------------------------------------------------+
AMOUNT OF B-CHANNELS IN THIS DISPLAY-OUTPUT: 23

You want to build a second PRI on your DIU2U, and add it to Trunk Group 2. The original trunk resides at PEN 1-23-1-0. I assume the new trunk will reside at 1-23-1-1 (the second port on shelf 23, slot 1's DIU2U).

Your trunk group 2 is currently limited to 24 channels. So first, perform CHA-BUEND for trunk group 2, and change the number of channels to 46 (23 channels per PRI).
Then REGEN the trunk circuit 1-23-1-0. Using your ComWin skills, transfer the REGEN'ed AMO TDCSU to the ComWin/Expert Access "buffer" (where you type in ComWin), and change the PEN from 1-23-1-0 to 1-23-1-1. I am assuming that you are using the same credentials for this second circuit as you used for the first circuit e.g. COS. Your current 1-23-1-0 circuit has two parameters that help identify the circuit at the TELCO. These two parameters are currently set to IGN=23 and IID=1. Change these to the numbers provided by the TELCO. If the TELCO did not provide you with these numbers, then you must change the parameters regardless. You are not allowed to re-use the same two numbers. Press the enter key, and see what happens. The circuit should be added successfully unless you have a capacity problem in DIMSU.

Caution: You are adding a second PRI to IP shelf 23. The NCUI resides in the center slot of your shelf. There are 128 timeslots on either side of this NCUI. If the slots to the left of your NCUI are heavily populated with station boards e.g. SLMO, SLMA, or gateway boards e.g. STMI, then you may have created "blockage" by adding that second PRI. The 4K is a TDM switch, meaning that every telephony action begins with a TIMESLOT. If everyone/everything to the LEFT of shelf 23's NCUI goes off-hook, will everything be assigned a timeslot? The two PRIs now need 46 timeslots to function properly, which leaves you with 82 available timeslots on the LEFT side of that shelf. Are there more than 82 stations and/or trunks residing there? If so, this timeslot "blockage" could possibly cause problems during high traffic periods. As with any TDM switch - everything should be OK unless there's a need for everyone to use the phones simultaneously.

You can check the status of the new PRI circuit by using this command: DIS-SDSU:ALL,,PEN,PER3,1,23,1,1; All channels should indicate "READY".

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back