Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TRUNK OVERFLOW 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PERRYPJ

Technical User
Jul 5, 2002
US
I thought when you built the RLB and at ENTR 0 you put the primary trunk group that you want to use to call out, and at ENTR 1 you put a secondary trunk group to use. When ENTR 0 is all busy or out of service it would go to ENTR 1. But I have a Rel 6 that I had to use the STEP prompt in the RDB to make it overflow.
Can someone shed some light on this.

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

Make sure your FRL on entry 1 is set the same as entry 0 and also make sure your MFRL is set the same.

they are

Can you post a printout of the RLB?

It's a phone system, NOT a clock!

If it isn't the RLI's ISET, it almost sounds like corruption, considering you know what you are doing. You might be able to knock the memory into whack by making your ENTRs 5 and 7 rather than 0 and 1.

There is no rule that ENTRs need to start at zero. I often make them something like 3, 6, 9, 12, so I can insert and move ENTRs around when one carrier is having trouble.

Of course, the ISET takes a little tweak when you start changing things like that. If the top ENTR is 10, you need ISET 10 to avoid queuing instructions in the NCTL.

--
Nortel Resources at GHTROUT.com World Famous!
--

GH I was pretty sure I thought I knew how NARS and BARS worked, but I've always wondered about why there is a STEP Prompt in the RDB if you can do the same thing with RLB.

Here is a printout of the RLB

>ld 86
ESN000

MEM AVAIL: (U/P): 43177963 USED U P: 7544382 890324 TOT: 51612669
DISK SPACE NEEDED: 2001 KBYTES
REQ prt
CUST 0
FEAT rlb
RLI 0

RLI 0
ENTR 0
LTER NO
ROUT 0
TOD 0 ON 1 ON 2 ON 3 ON
4 ON 5 ON 6 ON 7 ON
VNS NO
CNV NO
EXP NO
FRL 3
DMI 0
FCI 0
FSNI 0
SBOC NRR
IDBB DBD
IOHQ NO
OHQ NO
CBQ NO

ENTR 1
LTER NO
ROUT 2
TOD 0 ON 1 ON 2 ON 3 ON
4 ON 5 ON 6 ON 7 ON
VNS NO
CNV NO
EXP NO
FRL 3
DMI 0
FCI 0
FSNI 0
SBOC NRR
IDBB DBD
IOHQ NO
OHQ NO
CBQ NO

ISET 0
NALT 5
MFRL 0
OVLL 0

good catch

What exactly does ISET do. Never had to mess with that as far as I can remember.

All it really does is optimize call proccessing, looking there first to know how many entries are available.

Mato' Was'aka

If you print out the NCTL, you will see the many things that relate to ISET. Here are a few:

[tt]
NCOS 3

EQA NO
FRL 3
RWTA NO
NSC NO
OHQ NO
CBQ YES
RETT 10
RETC 5
ROUT I (Initial vs. All ENTRs)
RADT 0 (How long it will queue at the Initial Set, if all ENTRs are allowed)
SPRI 0
MPRI 0
PROM 0
[/tt]

--
Nortel Resources at GHTROUT.com World Famous!
--

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back