Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trunk name on display phone 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tafkaf

IS-IT--Management
Oct 15, 2003
BE
I have had a change in my trunk setup, one of those changes is my name format for my trunks, I have a name, board number and sig group number in the name, I made the change to make a trunk group from 120 members to 30 sothat I could use campon busyout on seperate ISDN 30 Bundels.

Problem the name is now to long to also display properly the vdn name. When I call ith a number presented it is no problem it displays the calling party's number, when I call from a secret number it displays the trunk name, how can I change the setting to displaying not the trunk name but 'unknown number' instead (I had this in my former system)

Here is a copy paste of the second page of the trunk setup :

TRUNK FEATURES
ACA Assignment? n Measured: both Wideband Support? n
Maintenance Tests? y
Data Restriction? n NCA-TSC Trunk Member:
Send Name: n Send Calling Number: y
Used for DCS? n
Suppress # Outpulsing? n Numbering Format: public
Outgoing Channel ID Encoding: preferred UUI IE Treatment: service-provider

Replace Restricted Numbers? n
Replace Unavailable Numbers? n
Send Connected Number: n

Send UUI IE? y
Send UCID? n
Send Codeset 6/7 LAI IE? y Ds1 Echo Cancellation? n

US NI Delayed Calling Name Update? n

SBS? n Network (Japan) Needs Connect Before Disconnect? n

Anybody any Idea's :)

tafkaf,

a stupid idea: change trunk's name to "unknown number"? :))

:(

Not an option ;) I want to be able to work without searching true the trunks for the sig group and the board number etc (also provider names are in there)

In my former company (Rel 6) I had unknowm number stated in the display but beautifull Trunk names ;)

The trunk names are not just for me also for the AVAYA engineers who are connecting ;)

tafkaf,

plase clarify: a "secret number" means ANI sent with presentation unavailable? then you can set field "CPN/ANI/ICLID Replacement for Unavailable Calls" on the system features screen page 9 to any ANI you like and check "Replace Unavailable Numbers?" tick on the trunk group page 2. honestly, i don't know any way to make it as it was before r10 (afaik) when this feature first appeared.

Hi Dwalin,

Thx thats good info, I changed the setting on system parameters butt nothing has changed, do I also need to change a setting somewhere else ?

tafkaf,

yes, set the "Replace Unavailable Numbers?" field on the trunk group screen page 2 to "yes". shoulda work.

Dwalin great thats the solution :}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back