Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trunk Loops (Tromboning) causing blockage 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

huberc

IS-IT--Management
May 2, 2001
AU
I have a private microwave trunk, 30 channel ISDN, E1 using DS1 (TN2464, TN464 boards)that connects two Definity G3SI/R6 sites that sudenly fills and blocks. When cecked most of the ports at each end are looped back to the same trunk but the next or a near port. How can identify the cause?? Any ideas please.

Check out all the UDP programming on both sites. This happened to me wher both switches were pointing to each other when a certain number was dialled.

IF you are using DCS to connect the sites you can set Supplementary services to E on the trunk group. This enables rerouting across the link which should free up some channels on your trunk

Thanks Frankieg and Wattie29

I have checked the UDP and AAR codes, they seem OK but I will check thoroughly. Is there a difference in the way internal calls are routed when ARR codes are used compared to UDP codes ?? They seem to work the same way to me ??
If, for example extensions 7xxx use AARCode 599 instead of UDPCode 599. will it make any difference ??

huberc.

I usually define the local extension ranges in the UDP table as well, marking them as ext. Then change the dialplan parameters to check the UDP table first. This usually prevents conflicts

Paul Beddows
Avaya Implementation
Telus
Vancouver, Canada
E-mail via

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back