Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trunk ID on OWS 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

EBULAR

Technical User
Dec 20, 2007
US
Problem:

The trunk identity does not appear on the OWS after it has been assigned with command OPRSC.
If the string starts with “E” it will display “EXT”
If the string starts with “O” it will display “OPR”
The same goes for all extension types
Otherwise it will display “TRK”

I’ve set ASPAC 153 to 4
I’m using both analog trunks and ISDN TLU76 (in loop) trunks

Running TSW SP6 and DNA 5.5 SP3

OPRSC name will not be visible in OWS (although it reacts to the first letter). But I think you can achieve something like that with trunk line configuration in DNA (don't remember the details though).

/Daddy

-----------------------------------------------------
What You See Is What You Get
Never underestimate tha powah of tha google!

yes, trunk id is simple setup in Trunk Config of DNA, just put route-trunk(s) in and the name you want to display on OWS - this only works for OWS not extensions,

best parnum

Thanx Daddy, I'm just trying to figure out a way for the operators to know who's calling before answering. I'll check into the DNA options.

parnum, it works! Thank you so much
/EBULAR

if they are regular callers from same number, put them in Directory manager external directory and their name will show up in OWS as calling you,

best parnum

EBULAR - Welcome to the forum! It's customary to click on the "Thank parnum for this valuable post!" link to show your appreciation.

Cheers,
Daddy

-----------------------------------------------------
What You See Is What You Get
Never underestimate tha powah of tha google!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back