Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trunk Group Outbound Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbx1960

MIS
Jul 26, 2006
AE
Hey Folks,
I had a weird one yesterday. Received a call that a customer could not dial out. I went to the location and found that only the Attendant console could dial out, and that the attendant console had a button programmed for trunk access release, I tried toggling it, no change, I went through a million things to try and resolve this, and finally did a cold restart. When the switch came up, it worked fine, no more problem, any ideas as to why this would happen?
Also, they want to add more line appearences for a few stations, I added a few 6424 stations, and made eight call appearences, this seemed to help, but, what I can't understand, is how I dedicate my e1 channels to the two different phone numbers coming in from the CO, they have two telephone numbers customers call, and then are routed to the Definity, we only have one trunk group, and no hunts, so how does the Definity know which number has been called?

Maybe they have bridged appearances for the "virtual" stations that the calls come in on?
E.G. Sales come into extension 1001
Customer Services come in on 1002

Sales "agents" have bridged appearances for ext 1001
Cust Serv agents have bridged appearances for ext 1002
Or an agent could have a bridged appearance to both.

Just a guess!

Ronster

Thanks for the info. It turns out, the guy before me programmed it thus; A call comes in on the E1, the first three digits are stripped, then it goes to the matching extension, in the "hunt to" field in the station administration field, he put the next extension they wanted to ring if it isn't answered, and did the same with that extension, essentially creating a circular hunt by having the last extension go back to the first in the hunt, it seems kind of funky to me, but I guess if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I was thinking just like you, and made several bridged appearences on the 6424, it seems to work just fine, everyone is happy, at least for now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back