Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trunk Group Management

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 14, 2004
US
Hi, Is there a way that I can specify how the PBX will access trunks in a given TR Group?
I have a TR Group in which out of the 7 trunk lines only the first 3 get used, and since these are cellular trunks I have free minutes in the other 4 trunks that never get consumed. I would love to set it up so it will assign a call to the next trunk regardless of the first trunk being busy or not.

thanks

these are CO Cellular trunks that I attached to cellular equipment.

Set cyclical hunt under Trunk Parameters in the trunk group form to "y", I think that will do it. Not 100% sure but I think that forces them to be seized evenly.

Paul Beddows

Consulting, Avaya/EAS implementation, Training
Vancouver, Canada
E-mail use form on website at

I dont see that option in trunk parameters, my user is a super user (seems not enough though)
any ideas on what access level I need for this?

and thanks in advance

Assuming these are analogue trunks, it should be close the bottom of Page 1 of the trunk group form. Unless it was introduced at a later releaase than your switch. If you don't have access to the trunk group form programming, you can't get at it.

If you are set for a super user, you would have access by default, but they can turn off certain functions in the permission form at the installer (craft or inads)level. It's just that the default is to allow everything. You may be able to display the permissions form. Try display permissions <login name>. (It might be list permissions). Admisnter trunks may be set to "n".

Paul Beddows

Consulting, Avaya/EAS implementation, Training
Vancouver, Canada
E-mail use form on website at

Thanks Avayaman, you were right all along, the issue is that my tr group is configured as "outgoing" and I have to set it to "two way" in order to get that option (seems it would be logical to find it on outgoing groups as well), anyway, You've solved my problem, now I have to weigh in the extra traffic if I allow incoming calls over that group.

If I could email a beer I would bud....

thanks.

What type of cellular equipement is this? I am interested in deploying this.

In the future everything will work...

I would also like to knkow what kind of gear you are useing for this. This sounds like it could be useful.

First of all, My apologies to NX01 and DAVIDPAYNE its been so long since I logged in, I did not see your questions,
In case you're still Interested, they are called TELULAR Phonecell SX, and they are basically cellular terminals, I use 6 of them attached to a defined trunk group, I am located in Mexico, where calling a cell phone from a land line means high surcharges, so the solution is this, simply route your calls to cell phones thru the cellular network and the cost to your company is the same as if you were calling out of a cellphone (which you really are) and your cell rates apply according to your provider.

Mine are TDMA, which is fine for now cause the cell service provider supports it, and I suppose that in your case it is more about convenience than it is about cost. but they work great.

they are made by Telular corporation in Illinois,
Telular Phonecell SX
model # 1C02A132-C
TDMA 800 V/F/D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back