Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trunk Clicking

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTone

Vendor
Feb 17, 2003
US
Hey out there, Have a strange problem, I am switching out old opt 21 with a newer opt 11 Rls 25.4 using old cards from the 21. This week we set up the 11 and were testing the switch with 1 of the Uni. trunk card worked fine. Programed the rest of the switch went to do cutover last night and found that it now had clicking on the trunks. not static or hum but clicking. anyone out there ever had this problem. Swaped card in both of the opt 11 cabs still there.
any help is greatly appericated.

KDB

not that rare with the older cards, clicking was a good thing when people dialed out.. should not happen on idle cards..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

True but the clicking only happens when the call is made, not when ringing or dialing when the call party picks up I get clicking.

KDB

On the older cards they used a relay that made a click when you seized the trunk, on the newer they electronic and don't make any noise.

The CLS is not set for DIP are they?

Is the clicking on T1 trunks? Is it very steady and continuous, or semi random.

If you get a steady ticking on a T1 this is indicative of a clock master problem.

Good lUck.

No T-1 just copper trunks, over the weekend I replaced the fiber connection between the cabs this cleared calls made from the first trunk card in the first cab. I have ordered a new daughter board for the ssc card and a new fiber reciver card for the second cab. Will install on the 14th after 5. Will let you know what happens. This was after many searches on many forums that it points to the fiber connection.

didn't know that you had 2 cabinets because I have had that problem before. It was the Fiber between the 2 you could make outside calls from the cab with the Trunk card in it with no problem. But if you made that call from a phone that was on the other cabinet you would get the clicking sound. If you are having no problems now then I would just keep the new cards as spares. gald to know at least you found what was causing it.

Just wanted to let you guys know that it turned out to be the fiber reciver card. Swaped out Daughter Board next did not stop, swaped out fiber reciver clicking gone. Thanks for all the posts.

KDB
Yakima, WA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back