Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Truning Off Credit Card Processing on Micros to use Standalone Termina

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhozzz

Technical User
May 19, 2011
US
I haven't been on the fourm in a while but I have always found it very helpful when I need help with my POS. So thanks to all that post.
Here is my situation I just bought a new restaurant with a micros system installed. While I am deciding on if I am going to keep it or put in a different system can anyone tell me how to "dummy" the credit card transactions in the system. I will be processing credit cards on a standalone unit for the time being and would like the waitstaff/bartenders to be able to close checks to the proper CC for reporting but not actully run them using the system.

3 terminal system using Micros Version 4.6 Build 4.6.4.2070

Any help would be apprectiated

Thanks
Nate

Head into POS Configurator and look under the Sales tab, Tender/Media.

Locate the credit card records down the left side. One at a time, do the following:

Under the Tender Tab:

Un select the option "Reference Required"
Un Select the option "Post to Charge Receipts"

Under the CC Tender Tab clear all fields

Under the Credit Auth Tab, Unlink the drivers, and clear all fields.

Under the PMS Tab clear all fields

In a nutshell the credit card records should now mimic the cash record. Assuming you have Auth and Settle keys on the pay screen, you'll need to delete them and add keys for the credit card types your wanting to track. The easiest way to do that is to copy/paste the cash key, rename it, and in the lower right corner link the tender media option to the credit card type your wanting.

Assuming you have the records linked to your tracking groups already, you should be good to go from there. The keys will function like a cash sale, and you can run the cards outside Micros.

For safety sake, I would remove any of the old owners information from the credit card drivers under devices/caedc drivers. You'll find merchant numbers and the like in there.

It's late and I may be rambling a bit, but I hope that helps.

Thanks for the help was able to make it work
nate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back