Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Truncated SQL Statements with RAS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rioleti

Programmer
Jan 16, 2004
LI
Hello

I have a Report which has as Datasource an SQL-Command with a Parameter in it. When the Parameter is not set, the SQL-Statement is anyway a valid Statement. The Parameter allows to set when-restrictions at runtime.
When I test the Base-Statement togther with the additional when-restrictions on the Report in the Crystal Designer all works ok. Regardless of how much reasonable when-restriction are being added.

But when I call the Report through the Web with RAS there is another behaviour.
When I do the Reporting with little additional When-Restriction the Report is displayed correctly and with the correct data. But when i have added to much when-restrictions no Report is diplayed.
In that error-case I have checked the Statement that the SQL-Database-Server has received, there only a truncated SQL-Statment of the original appears.

I can make out a character limitation of the whole SQL-Statement somewhere between 700 and 750 Characters.

Every time if the SQL-Statement is bigger than ~700 Signs no Report is displayed and on the SQL-Database Server Console only a truncated Statement appears.

Has anyone the same problem with RAS? And has somebody a solution for the Problem?

Thanks in advance, Manuel

Sounds like you did the appropriate research, and foiund the cause.

I don't have a solution other than to suggest that you apply the service pack to whatever version of Crystal you're using (the sort of thing that you'd generally include in a post), and to redesign using a Stored Procedure with a parm, or a View with a record selection formula passed to it.

-k

Hi there,

i have found the Solution to my Problem, the obvious truncation of SQL-Statements.
The Problem is that RAS 9 truncates Parameters with more than 255 Characters to 255 characters. The problem is a known issue as described by Crystal with the Track/Problem ID: ADAPT00116120
The Solution to the Problem is to install the newest Hotfix for RAS:
Search for RAS90.

It says that it's in the Service Pack, as I'd suggested.

They come out often, just apply them religiously, there's even an agent to notify you of new ones.

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back