Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Truncated Memo Field during CSV import using DoCmd.transfertext 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pedrowedro

Programmer
Nov 21, 2006
GB
Hi,
I have been trying to find a work round to this all day.

I am using the DoCmd.Transfertext method to import data from a csv file into a pre-defined table in access 2000 (SP1). Some of the data is over 255 characters and have appropriate memo fields in the access table for them to be stored.

However when ever I do this they keep getting truncated to 255 characters or so in length.

Please can any one help.....?

Thanks

This works for me. What version of Access are you using? Have you installed the latest updates for Jet?

I'm using access 2000, and it is likely that the latest version of jet is not installed. I have just requested this from our IT department... so may see something put inplace by next week...

What version of jet and access do you have installed?

Thanks

Remou,
Thanks for all your help. Everything is working now...

The problem occured when another field had a key violation during the import routine... this must limit the memory allocated to holding the memo data... dome how.

Thank you again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back