Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trunc log in sql 6.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

uncLez

Programmer
Jun 18, 2002
NL
Hi all,

I am having trouble finding a solution for the following.
In SQL 6.5 we would like to schedule a log trunc right after we have a scheduled backup of our database, since this particular database has vast amounts of transfers and sometimes exceeds the log size.

Is there a way in SQL Server 6.5 that we can schedule this? I have been looking for quite some time, but all I seem to be able to find is is the addjob and schedulejob thingies for sql server 2000.

Any help appreciated,
thanx in advance,
Anton de Wit.

Sorry, just to prevent any misunderstanding, I am talking about the transaction log here...

In enterprise manager select the database then go server -> scheduled task . their you can create a scheduled task usind tsql or run a stored procedure. the way i do it is i backup the transaction logs to a backup device then truncate them.the code shown below.
DUMP TRANSACTION <Database> TO <Backup Device> WITH NOUNLOAD , STATS = 10, NOINIT , NOSKIP

I'll look into it and test some scripts,
thanx very much so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back