Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Troubleshooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcpipv6

IS-IT--Management
Nov 22, 2007
AR
Hi all,

Please can you tell me what steps you take to make a troubleshooting or what commandos you use.

Regards

troubleshooting what?
need alot more information.

MCSE CCNA CCDA

To make a diagnostic from the speed in the network.

Regards

Ask a vague question get a vague answer. This is how I'd trouble shoot the following scenario.

All connections to a FTP server seem to be downloading at an abnormal slow speed. This is an internal FTP server, being access by internal client.

Connect to the device that the server connects to. Check the port config of the port that the FTP server connects to. Confirm there is no speed duplex issue or port errors, if it's clean check utilization This includes the FTP servers NIC config. I can't count the number of time a client device(this includes servers) is set to auto and my switch port is hard set at 100FD and there's a negotiation mismatch. Once the client device is hard set, the problem goes away.

hope this helps

if you want to check your link speeds you can do a

Code:
sh port config

then just press 'd' to go to the next page and 'u' to go to the previous page and ESC to exit. This will give you the general config and status of the ports on the switch.

I recommend elite commandos for all troubleshooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back