Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Troubleshooting ISDN dialer map on a Cisco 2500 Router

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
May 17, 2002
US
Hello,

I notice on my Cisco 2500 Router that when I do a "sh isdn act" command there are two "Out" isdn phone numbers instead of one. I only configured one dialer map number and one spid number. What could be causing the dialer map number to dial out twice?

Thanks

Do you have a dialer load threshold configured ?? If so that may be bringing up the second line.

Hello,

I do have a dialer load threshold configured but I have that configured on another router and when I dial out, it is not dialing out the same number twice.

Thanks

Presumably if it is set to a high value, then that is not what is causing the problem. I believe the ranges are 1=no load up to 255=fully loaded.

The threshold is set to:
dialer load-threshold 200 outbound

Is this the issue?

Thanks

Basically with that command you are saying that when your outbound traffic on the first channel reaches approx 78%, bring up the second channel. It should then load balance across the two.

Hello,

So what causes dialer map phone number to be dialing out twice?

When I do the "show isdn act" command it shows two of the same number dailing out when there is only one channel.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back