Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Troubleshooting error ORA-06502 from calling an Oracle Stored Procedur

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToeJamNEarl

Programmer
Jan 26, 2004
US
Hey Guys,

It's me again. I have been trying to figure out why one computer out of four that I've tried my application return an oracle error ora-06502. The error occurs when the program gets to the Execute command of the stored procedure.

Can someone list me possibilities of why this would occur, when I know for a fact that the buffer is not smaller than it should be.

Also, if anyone can tell me exactly which refrences and Dlls are used when executing a stored procedure using ADO.

My provider is OraOleDB (the Oracle provider). This has been bugging the heck out of me for a couple weeks now, and I can't figure this problem out. Any help is kindly appreciated.

Thanks for the time,
-Diran

Some possible issues.

Oracle Driver is not the same on both machines. Easy to verify.

Do you have access to Metalink? If so look at Note:139548.1 "How to Determine the Cause of ORA-6502 Errors"

And what is the Oracle version, both server and client, you are using?

Regards

Frederico Fonseca
SysSoft Integrated Ltd

The oracle version on both server and client are the same 92i

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back