Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Troubleshooting a user's roaming profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

drew1701d

Technical User
May 15, 2002
US
My customers all use XP Pro w/SP2...and have roaming profiles...only one user is having problem with an application reliant on Perl...Is there a way I can copy her profile to another account and use it to troubleshoot the issue without impacting her working as she cannot be logged off for long for me to troubleshoot the problem as she has tasks that run for days so impeding her will surely cause a schedule delay.

Thanks in advance

"I'm certifiable, not certified. It just means my answers are from experience...not a book

What made you conclude that it is a profile problem? If it's a problem with Perl, then I'd suspect that she has insufficient access to the binaries, shared files, or is missing an environment variable for that particular Perl program.

she has local admin privileges to her workstation as do all other users in her group..and all have the same release of Perl and environment variables from what I can tell

"I'm certifiable, not certified. It just means my answers are from experience...not a book

Log on to a system with her profile. Try going to System Properties, User Profiles and using the Copy To button to copy her profile.

How can I copy her profile if its a roaming profile..the copy option is greyed out for her profile on the computer

You cannot copy the profile of the currently logged on user, you will have to logon as another admin user.

Copy local profile to domain profile
thread779-822848

Copying Profiles in XP?
thread779-1023629

The "Copy To" Button in the System Properties Dialog Box Is Unavailable

811151 - How to Copy User Data to a New User Profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back