Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Troubles with sorts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dostani

MIS
Jul 26, 2002
US
Greetings fellow users!!

I am hoping someone can clear up an ongoing issue with a sort/reorder function that I need assistance on getting going. Here is what I need to have happen.

I have a list of pictures that is numbered 1 through 10 the client is asking for the ability to reorder the display of the pictures. For example they are shown 1-2-3-4 and so on, the client wants to change the sort order to say 2-1-3-4 and update the database. I have tried to use the update function and it errors so I assume it would be because I am trying to update "all" the records in the table group at once. So my question is, how can I achieve this????? Thanks for any help or advisement on this issue.

Dostani

I would have a table of all pictures in a form. Form is to have the id of each pic and text boxes with the sort field in. Allow the user to change the sort field to whatever they wish, then send this form to a new asp apge that will loop through all of the options and make updates one at a time

Cheech

[Peace][Pipe]

Thanks Cheech,

I understand the form concept, and yes the pictures have an ID and a sort field. I am not sure of how to have the loop created not to up-to-speed on the hand coding still in the learning-to-walk phase. I understand how to post a record to another ASP page but to loop through each field is just a bit over my head. Have an simple example to point me to?

Thanks for your help.

Thank You

That link will be of good use to me.

Dostani

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back